Plumbing and fire protection require close coordination with owners and architects to arrive at the most appropriate solution for any project. No two projects are the same, and our engineers examine a number of factors in design including owner goals, sustainability, functionality, cost, and future maintenance. Rushing applies our current knowledge of materials and products, codes, and system design to every project and coordinates closely with the overall team to deliver an integrated, customized solution with the best possible outcome for both the owner and the planet.
Plumbing & Fire Protection Services
We advise stakeholders including owners, developers, and architects, to assess projects within their context, define goals, and design cost effective solutions. Engineering services include the following:
- Typical domestic plumbing systems including domestic hot and cold water, sanitary waste & vent, storm drainage, and natural gas.
- High efficiency domestic hot water systems such as high efficiency heat pump and solar thermal water heating systems.
- Water harvesting and treatment/ reuse system analysis and design
- Engineered piping systems including single stack (sovent) waste/ vent systems and others
- Pressure boosting and domestic recirculation system design
- Fire suppression system consultation and design
- Wet, dry, preaction, and deluge systems.
- Clean agent systems
- Life safety and code analysis
- Performance based (non-prescriptive) design
- 3rd party review and Owner advocacy
- Evaluation of existing systems