Capitol Hill TOD (pictured) contributed 423,078 square feet of LEED-certified residential space across 3 buildings.
Washington state ranks among the top 10 states in the U.S. for LEED green building, according to the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Each year USGBC ranks states according to the most LEED-certified square feet per capita.
In 2021, 92 projects totaling 21,927,534 gross square feet of LEED-certified space in Washington. Projects certified by Rushing’s Sustainability Studio account for 10% of LEED-certified square feet in Washington—more than 2.37 million square feet across ten projects. Projects in Washington state, LEED-certified by Rushing in 2021 include:
- Capitol Hill TOD (Transit Oriented Development) – achieved 3 separate LEED for Homes Multifamily Platinum certifications
- The Emerald (2nd and Stewart) – LEED New Construction Silver
- Stratus (9th & Lenora) – LEED-NC Silver
- Esterra Park (Block 8) – LEED for Homes Multifamily Silver
- Nexus (1200 Howell) – LEED-NC Gold
Rushing’s Sustainability Studio has certified more than 100 LEED projects since our inception—from LEED for Homes, New Construction, Commercial Interiors, and Core and Shell, to LEED Tran