Rushing partnered with General Investment Development Co. (GID) and Weber Thompson Architects on the Stratus luxury residential high-rise building. The 43-story skyscraper, located at 9th & Lenora in the Denny Triangle neighborhood, was completed in 2017, with 396 apartments and ground-floor retail space.
The project achieved LEED-NC Silver certification under the expertise of Rushing’s Sustainability Studio. Like many new projects recognizing the importance of green building in Seattle, Stratus features high-efficiency appliances and LED lighting, but it stands out for its community connectedness and commitment to practicing sustainability through ongoing, future-focused building education and operations and maintenance.
Rushing provided the following services:
- Mechanical and Plumbing Engineering design build criteria
- Electrical Engineering full design
- Lighting design
- LEED-NC Silver Management and Administration
- Fundamental Commissioning for LEED Compliance
- Energy Modeling for LEED and Seattle Energy Code Compliance