Plumbing requires close coordination with the architects and owners to arrive at the most appropriate fixture selection. Our plumbing engineers examine a number of factors in plumbing design, including water savings goals, functionality, cost, maintenance, aesthetic and material.
Rushing applies current knowledge of piping material, sloping and codes to design systems and coordinate closely to deliver successful projects.
We advise owners, developers, architects, engineers, public agencies, businesses, general contractors and operations teams, to define goals, assess projects within their context and design cost effective solutions. Plumbing engineering services include the following:
- Stamped full plumbing design drawings.
- Campus and building plumbing service distribution.
- Coordination with plumbing service providers.
- In-building plumbing systems design and coordination.
- Sustainable energy solutions.
- Design/build contractor assistance for preparation of stamped permit-level drawings.
- Existing building investigations.
- Peer review.
- Expertise in high rise plumbing systems and SEC 403.1.1 pre-design conferences to meet life safety requirements for City of Seattle.
- Digital metering and submetering systems for tenant billing or energy usage analysis.
- Bidding analysis for contractor selection.