Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven Energy Modeler to join our Mechanical Engineering Department.
Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting
firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance
from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing energy modeling analysis. We are looking for a team member
who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth
· Building envelope compliance calculations.
· Building energy code compliance modeling calculations.
· Energy analysis using IES, eQUEST, and/or CBECC-com and Excel spreadsheet calculations.
· Collaborate with other energy modelers and engineers.
· Energy auditing responsibilities including field measurements and site audits.
· Collaborative approach to problem solving and personal interactions.
· Assign tasks to project team members, receive assignments, and share energy simulation technical expertise.
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 2+ years’ experience in Energy simulation including experience with quality control processes and verification
of model inputs and results. REQUIRED
· Experience using eQuest’s detailed edit mode and working knowledge of manually manipulating .inp files.
· Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1, local energy code, Green Rating programs, and local utility incentives.
· Experience writing custom macros utilizing Microsoft Excel and/or other text editing software. Preferred.
· Experienced with both Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with the desire for career growth.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated success managing client relationships, staff, and projects.
· Experience in sustainable design / LEED AP is desired, but not required.
The position is Full Time. Salary is DOE. Rushing provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format to
firstname.lastname@example.org with Energy Modeler in the subject line.
No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.