Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven senior plumbing engineer to join our team.
Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing mechanical and plumbing design services. We are looking for candidates who have hands on MEP industry experience. The qualified candidate will be a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments and contribute to the growth of Rushing.
- Plumbing system design sizing and layout for commercial office, multi-family residential, mixed-use and mass transit type developments.
- Lead the design of plumbing systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, harvested rainwater and greywater, domestic water distribution systems, compressed air systems and natural gas or propane systems.
- Build relationships with plan reviewers in order to execute proper code review and compliance.
- Produce accurate plumbing calculations including water supply, storm and equipment sizes.
- Produce and mentor the production of plumbing plans, schedules, details and diagrams.
- Support, develop, and implement Rushing integrative design process, standards, processes, policy and templates across all disciplines.
- Promote and utilize all Rushing software and project management tools appropriately to optimize project performance: Bluebeam, MS Office, OneNote, AutoCAD, Revit, Asana.
- Ability to recognize design and construction risk and apply appropriate judgement to seek principal support.
- Illustrate clear understanding and accountability for deliverable expectations for various scopes and clients per Rushing quality standards (design assist, full design, design build, public, private).
- Manage project staffing and budgets to prioritize project tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate reliability and accountability for delivery of project deadlines/milestones.
- Understand and perform QC of deliverables to ensure client goals and Rushing standards are evident in the project deliverable.
- Ability to complete construction administration tasks per Rushing process.
- Independently delegate tasks to project team members, while ensuring availability for necessary mentorship.
- Support PIC (principal in charge) in client interactions, including but not limited to meeting attendance, deadline negotiations, invoicing and ASRs.
- Have a passion for mentoring and training junior staff.
- Understand and meet expectations for external and internal communication protocols.
- Passion for successfully cultivating authentic client relationships.
- Demonstrate responsiveness and attentiveness to client needs.
- Work with other Senior staff to optimize all project deliverables.
- Be an expert resource.
- Proactively continue professional development.
- Recruit staff and/or support PICs in staff recruitment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to communicate all Rushing services internally and externally.
- A commitment to model Rushing core values and integrated design vision to create a consistent workplace culture.
- 8+ years of experience in plumbing engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering with E.I.T. certification preferred, but not required.
- PE License or other relevant, technical credential.
- Experience with REVIT.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Dedication to learning and applying knowledge gained.
- Sound knowledge of engineering design principles and MEP production.
The position is full time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with senior plumbing engineer in the subject line.