Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven senior mechanical engineer to join our mechanical engineering team.
Rushing is a Seattle-based MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principle that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing mechanical engineering services. We are looking for a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth of Rushing.
- Support, develop and implement Rushing integrative design process, standards, processes, policy and templates across all disciplines.
- Promote and utilize Rushing software and project management tools: Bluebeam, MS Office, Excel, OneNote, AutoCAD/Revit, LEED Online interface and Asana.
- Ability to recognize design and construction risk and apply appropriate judgement to seek principal support.
- Illustrate clear understanding and accountability for deliverable expectations for various scopes and clients per Rushing quality standards (design assist, full design, design build, public, private).
- Ability to successfully manage client relationships, staff and projects.
- Independently delegate tasks to project team members.
- Perform QC of deliverables to ensure consistent project delivery adhering to Rushing standards and codes.
- Mentor and train junior staff.
- Demonstrate responsiveness when interacting with external and internal team members.
- Understand and meet client expectations.
- Support principle in charge (PIC) in client interactions.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the company.
- Deadline negotiations.
- Draft proposals/ASRs.
- Strong understanding and demonstration of Rushing core values: professional ethics; informed, expert consulting; courageous transparency; respectful team building and community; curious problem solving; open-minded learning, focused actions; and patient resolve.
- 8+ years’ of experience with demonstrated technical knowledge.
- WA Professional Engineer license preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The position is full time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with senior mechanical engineer in the subject line.