Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven senior commissioning agent to join our team. Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing commissioning services. We are looking for a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments and contribute to overall firm the growth.
- MEP installation verification, functional test writing and execution.
- Commissioning witness testing.
- Mechanical, plumbing, lighting, metering and some electrical field installation verification.
- Functional test writing and execution.
- Construction and commissioning administration.
- Commissioning plan writing, coordination and plan execution.
- Existing systems physical and functional survey and evaluation.
- Report writing.
- Interface with owners, consultants and contractors.
- Collaborate with other engineering professionals.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and personal interactions.
- Support business development.
- Systems trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Energy analysis and audit responsibilities.
- 10 years of experience in a lead commissioning agent position required.
- Bachelor of science in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Broadband knowledge and competencies in complex commercial, mechanical and control systems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, other design tools helpful.
- Demonstrated report writing.
- Confidence to lead and mentor others.
- Willingness and drive to support business development.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Demonstrated success managing client relationships and projects.
- If mechanical engineer, P.E. certification preferred, but not required.
- LEED AP preferred but not required.
The position is full time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and coverletter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] coverletter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe coverletter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org with senior commissioning agent in the subject line.