Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven senior plumbing engineer to join our team.
Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing mechanical and plumbing design services. We are looking for candidates who have hands on MEP industry experience. The qualified candidate will be a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments and contribute to the growth of Rushing.
- Plumbing system design sizing and layout for commercial office, multi-family residential, mixed-use and mass transit type developments.
- Design plumbing systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, harvested rainwater and greywater, domestic water distribution systems, compressed air systems, and natural gas or propane systems.
- Code review and compliance.
- Plumbing calculations including water supply, storm, and equipment sizes.
- Produce plumbing plans, schedules, details, and diagrams.
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, and external clients to solve problems.
- Work closely with architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors to provide project coordination.
- Successfully complete internal and external design coordination.
- 0-3 years of experience in plumbing, HVAC and/or mechanical engineering.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and Bluebeam.
- Experience with REVIT a plus.
- Team player with a can-do attitude is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Dedication to learning and applying knowledge gained.
- Knowledge of plumbing design, layout, sizing and coordination.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of engineering design principles and MEP production.
- Experience with plumbing, mechanical sheet metal and mechanical piping layouts and design is preferred.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering degree with EIT certification is preferred, but not required.
The position is full time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with plumbing designer or plumbing engineer in the subject line.