Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven mechanical engineer to join our mechanical engineering team.
Rushing is a Seattle-based MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principle that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing mechanical engineering services. We are looking for a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth of Rushing.
- HVAC and Plumbing engineering for residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings.
- Energy auditing responsibilities.
- Collaborate with other engineers.
- Systems trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and personal interactions.
- Assign tasks to project team members, receive assignments and share energy simulation technical expertise.
- 3+ years of HVAC and plumbing experience required.
- BSME required.
- WA Professional Engineer License preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam and AutoCAD 2012.
- Experience with Construction Administration preferred.
- Revit and AutoCAD MEP experience required.
- 2 years minimum REVIT experience required.
- Broad knowledge and competencies in complex commercial mechanical and control systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the desire for career growth.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success managing client relationships, staff and projects.
- Experience in sustainable design / LEED AP is desired, but not required.
Candidates without REVIT experience will not be considered.
The position is full time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and coverletter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] coverletter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe coverletter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org with mechanical engineer in the subject line.