Rushing is seeking an entry-level lighting designer to support the lighting department staff in developing a range of commercial lighting projects.
Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing lighting design services. We are looking for a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth of Rushing. Applicants must be committed to strengthening skills while gaining experience in a professional work environment. The lighting designer will undertake various responsibilities as a member of the staff, will participate in department meetings, and will provide support for various tasks under the guidance of their supervisor.
- Preparing lighting concept boards.
- Producing lighting layouts in Revit.
- Producing lighting fixture schedules.
- Preparing lighting control layouts and sequence schedules.
- Preparing lighting specification packages.
- Conducting lighting photometric calculations using AGi 32 Software.
- Completing energy code forms.
- Coordinating lighting details.
- Reviewing lighting submittals and prior approval packages.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design program related to architecture, interior design, engineering, architectural engineering, or lighting design—preferred.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and a desire to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Bluebeam, Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint—required.
- Experience with Revit.
- Photoshop knowledge—preferred.
- AGI 32 experience—preferred.
- High attention to detail.
The position is full time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with lighting designer in the subject line.