Rushing is seeking a human resources coordinator to join our Business Services team. Reporting to the director of business services, the HR coordinator provides day-to-day administration and operations of Rushing’s HR program, which supports a team of 85 employees.
Rushing is a Seattle-based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
- HR program administration and operations, including:
- Recruiting: job posting, resume review, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks and composing offer letters.
- Coordinate new hire onboarding.
- Support with benefits administration, compensation and performance management.
- Support with training and development.
- Support with diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Record keeping and database maintenance.
- Maintenance of HR files and folders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a professional office setting.
- 1-3 years of human resources experience, with a strong desire to grow in the field.
- Strong customer services skills; approachable and helpful in nature.
- Highly organized with the ability to self-start, remain focused and juggle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
The HR coordinator will work remotely upon hire, with the expectation that they will work a combination of remote and on-site later this year. Candidates must be able to work from home, including having a reliable internet connection and suitable workspace, free of distractions.
Position is full-time, hourly and non-exempt. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with HR coordinator in the subject line.