Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven energy modeler to join our Energy Studio.
Rushing is a Seattle based engineering and sustainability consulting firm based in Seattle, WA. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multidisciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective. See our website for more info: rushingco.com.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing energy modeling analysis. We are looking for a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments and contribute to the growth of Rushing.
Perform energy use analyses on a range of building types: multifamily midrise and high rise, office, condos, hotels, etc. including:
- Building envelope compliance calculations.
- Building energy code compliance modeling and documentation.
- Green building certification program compliance and documentation, including LEED, Living Building Challenge, Built Green and others.
- Energy analysis using energy modeling tools and spreadsheet calculations.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving with internal and external team members.
- Assign tasks to project team members, receive assignments and share energy simulation technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering desired.
- 3+ years’ experience in Energy simulation using eQUEST, IES-Virtual Environment or EnergyPlus, including experience with quality control processes and verification of model inputs and results.
- Experience developing side-calculations or workarounds for measures that cannot be explicitly modeled an energy modeling tools.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1, local energy code, green building protocols and local utility incentives.
- Experience writing custom macros utilizing Microsoft Excel and/or other text editing software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Revit and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the desire for career growth.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success managing client relationships, staff and projects.
- Experience in sustainable design / LEED AP is desired, but not required.
Position is full-time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation, and personal days, 401(k) with company match and an EAP program. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and coverletter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] coverletter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe coverletter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org with energy modeler in the subject line.