Rushing is seeking a construction administration coordinator to provide construction administration (CA) support for public works and facilities projects.
Rushing is a Seattle-based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
- Construction administration for a multi-discipline team of 25+ people.
- Track requirements for multiple different high-profile public sector projects and coordinate with PC and BIM leads.
- Logging, routing and tracking construction administration files and requests.
- Maintain on-time delivery of construction information and deadlines.
- Revision management.
- QA/QC final deliverables.
- General information management: download/upload; keeping various servers and internal/external logs up to date; research.
- Task management and maintaining tasking software.
- Design review comment tracking and management.
- Assist with and backup private sector CA routing/tracking as needed.
- Occasional meetings.
- Maintain and assist with external server access.
- Specification and report word processing.
- 3-5 years of AEC industry experience.
- 2-3 years of construction administration experience.
- 1-2 years of direct project coordination experience, with a fundamental understanding of project coordination and critical path management.
- Minimum 1-year experience using Bluebeam.
- Proficient at research.
- Familiarization with specifications: formatting and impact on CA.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Commitment to a culture of excellence. Ability to take ownership of processes and projects.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, clients and vendors in a clear, concise and courteous manner.
- Intuitive problem-solving and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to self-start, remain focused and juggle multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
Position is full-time, hourly, and non-exempt. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with CA coordinator in the subject line.