Rushing is a leader in the multi-disciplinary engineering field located on South Lake Union. The Administrative Assistant will support the Technical staff and Executive team.
- 3+ years of administrative support experience with increasing responsibility required.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License.
- Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the Engineering or Architectural industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with Construction Administration preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Word 2003-2010, Outlook, Excel, Windows Explorer, and related ancillary programs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Commitment to a culture of excellence. Ability to take ownership of processes and projects.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors in a clear, concise, and courteous manner. Effective and positive team member.
- Intuitive problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-start, remain focused, and juggle multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Coordinate Construction Administration – Includes but not limited to talking to architects, contractors, and/or engineers externally to learn their needs and work internally to identify which departments will need to be involved. Create client-specific documents for transmittal.
- Distribute submittals, RFIs, and ASIs; track and compile reviewer comments; follow up on comments to submittals, drawings, and spec reviews.
- Create, prepare, format, revise, proof, and print a variety of written material.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, faxing, mail distribution and filing.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards, and office keys.
- Create and modify various documents using Microsoft Office.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Answer multi-line telephone system promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner to support an office of 50+ staff.
- Prepare meeting materials and assist with development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed.
- Reconcile monthly credit cards and expenses.
- Prepare documents for courier/delivery/US Postal Service.
- Receive packages from courier/delivery/US Postal Service and distribute to Rushing staff.
- Order and sometimes pickup lunches and/or coffee for meetings.
- Other errands such as office supply pickup, special parcel drop-off, etc.
- Report building maintenance issues, copier/printer/telephone issues, and parking issues to the proper contacts as necessary.
- Respond to other issues when approached by Rushing staff or clients.
- Open and close office.
- Assist HR with applicant interviews and new hires.
- Kitchen detail.
- Occasional lifting/moving of office furniture (up to 30 pounds)
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
Position is full-time (mandatory 8-5pm schedule), hourly, and non-exempt. Rushing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation, and personal days, 401(k) with company match, and an EAP program. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
Qualified applicants please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line. Your cover letter must include at least one paragraph describing why you think you are a good candidate for this position. Please visit our website for additional information about Rushing: www.rushingco.com