Rushing is seeking an accounting coordinator to join our Business Services team. Reporting to the manager of accounting, the accounting coordinator provides day-to-day support for accounting functions as well as support to the greater Business Services team.
Rushing is a Seattle-based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
- Support with invoicing: assist with preparation of monthly invoices, emailing clients, maintaining accounting records.
- Support with accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR): vendor outreach and setup in accounting software.
- Monitor payments and participate in collection activity.
- Reconcile monthly credit cards and expenses.
- Prepare monthly expense reports and reimbursements.
- Assist with certificates of insurance (COI).
- Assist with payroll as needed.
- Special projects as assigned and other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in accounting, business or related field.
- 1-3 years related experience or training.
- Experience with Deltek Vision software strongly preferred.
- Experience in the engineering or architectural industry strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Highly organized with the ability to self-start, remain focused and juggle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
The accounting coordinator will work remotely upon hire, with the expectation that they will work a combination of remote and on-site later this year. Candidates must be able to work from home, including having a reliable internet connection and suitable workspace, free of distractions.
Position is full-time, hourly and non-exempt. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. With 50 percent women in principal-level leadership, Rushing is committed to diversity and inclusion. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
No phone calls please. No recruiters or agents please.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant.
- Save each as a .pdf with the following naming convention: “[first name] [last name] cover letter” and “[first name] [last name] resume” (e.g. “Jane Doe cover letter” and “Jane Doe resume”).
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with accounting coordinator in the subject line.