Our electrical engineering team provides services for a broad spectrum of projects including commercial office, transportation, retail, laboratories, historical renovation, higher education and multifamily residential, from low-income housing to luxury condominiums. We pride ourselves in our knowledge of sustainable design protocols such as LEED, Built Green, Evergreen Sustainable Development Standard, Enterprise Green Communities, SCL Built Smart, and the 2030 Living Building Challenge.
We believe that the core of excellent design lies in developing strong relationships with our clients, and we understand the different but related needs of owners, architects and contractors. Rushing’s electrical group cultivates strong relationships with utility providers, specifically Seattle City Light and Puget Sound Energy, to provide a thorough understanding of requirements and processes. We use this knowledge to guide our clients from application to service letter procurement, and even submit demolition applications as part of our coordination with electrical and general contractors.
We advise owners, developers, architects, engineers, public agencies, businesses, general contractors and operations teams, to define goals, assess projects within their context and design cost effective solutions. Electrical engineering services include the following:
- Stamped full electrical design drawings.
- Campus and building electrical service distribution, including standby/emergency power systems.
- Coordination with utility service providers for electrical and telecommunications/broadband services.
- In-building electrical systems design and coordination.
- Sustainable energy solutions including photovoltaic systems design.
- Telecommunications passive infrastructure design.
- Fire detection and alarm design criteria.
- Cost evaluations and utility incentive procurement support.
- Access control and CCTV system specifications.
- Emergency radio responder performance specifications.
- Design/build contractor assistance for preparation of stamped permit-level drawings.
- Existing building investigations, including adding electrical load capacity to existing building distribution and building upgrade work.
- Peer review.
- Electric vehicle charging stations (new or existing buildings).
- Expertise in high rise electrical systems and SEC 403.1.1 pre-design conferences to meet life safety requirements for City of Seattle.
- Digital metering and submetering systems for tenant billing or energy usage analysis.
- Bidding analysis for contractor selection.