Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-driven Commissioning authority to join our team.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing commissioning services. We are looking for a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the continued growth of our firm.
Duties include but not limited to:
- MEP installation verification, functional test writing, and execution.
- Commissioning witness testing.
- Mechanical, plumbing, and some electrical field installation verification.
- Functional test writing and execution.
- Construction and commissioning administration.
- Commissioning plan writing, coordination, and plan execution.
- Existing systems physical and functional survey and evaluation.
- Report writing.
- Interface with owners, consultants, and contractors.
- Collaborate with other engineers.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and personal interactions.
- Support business development.
- Systems trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Energy audit responsibilities.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a lead commissioning authority position required.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering required.
- BCxA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP) or licensed P.E. preferred.
- Broadband knowledge and competencies in complex commercial, mechanical, and control systems.
- LEED AP preferred but not required.
Required & Preferred Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated report writing.
- Confidence and willingness to lead and mentor others.
- Willingness and drive to support business development efforts
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Demonstrated success managing client relationships and projects.
The position is Full Time. Salary is DOE. Firm provides competitive compensation and benefits package. Firm is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format.
No recruiters or agents please.